I’m back from the dead. New Projects, The ABACUS Protocol News. #amwriting
It’s been over two years since I’ve even visited my blog. I’ll tell you why: for a time, I was in a very dark place, and I gave up. I was so depressed I couldn’t concentrate well enough to even read, let alone write a coherent sentence.I thought I couldn’t make it, and that I had nothing to offer.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I’m able to work again, I’m doing well at my job but something is missing from my life. That thing is writing. It’s being able to be in control of my own destiny, and having no boss other than my beloved readers. (I missed you good people.)
Thus, I dug out my old writing folder, and started re-reading The ABACUS Protocol and The Pandora Machine. It’s amazing how far my writing style advanced between those two books. I’m preparing to finish ABACUS-3, Demi-Human. It’s already half-complete, but I wouldn’t be very diligent if I allowed continuity errors into my work.
In addition to this, I’ve started a short science fiction story called Singular Truth.It’s the story of a depressed young man who is drawn into a cult that worships black holes. That’s all I’m going to tell you so far, but if you want to receive Singular Truth for free once it’s completed, please join my mailing list. (The link is on your right). I will never spam you or let anyone else use your email, because I hate spammers and people who send too much mail.
Now, onto the good stuff. What’s coming up for me? Here’s a short list:
- Singular Truth, the short story I just talked about
- Demi-Human, aka ABACUS-3 (I’m not giving a date until the first draft is done.)
- A podcast! I’ve removed The ABACUS Protocol and The Pandora Machine from KDP Select, and I’ll be narrating the series in the form of a podcast. Would you listen?
- After the podcast is complete, audiobooks! Audiobooks for everyone!
- I’m going to be setting up a Patreon, mostly for podcast listeners but with good incentives for everyone.
- And, finally, I’m going to use this blog to document progress. What I try, what works, and what doesn’t. From zero to full time author. It’s going to be me!
Okay, that’s enough out of me. Your turn now. What do you think? Would you listen to a podcast narrated by me? Are you still excited for the rest of the ABACUS series, despite the fact that it’s been so long between books? What advice do you have for a new-ish author with just two books in a series and a collection of zombie stories?